Friday, January 23, 2015

News on writing for a change

Basic to the tunes shortly... but first some "bidness" of a sort...

Y'all may have noticed that I write a bit (see my bio and one of the links hereabouts for more on how to order said critters). I've been in a bit of a dry spell but today I was accepted for an anthology with a publisher I've tried to crack before. The story is about ghosts and general weirdness up in the mountains of western North Carolina and features on of my all time favorite spots and tales in one... Brown Mountain.

In honor of that, here's Lula Belle and Scotty Wiseman doing the Brown Mountain Lights... recorded in Charlotte NC by Arthur Smith (SALUTE!)  in 1962... One of 4 different versions I have of the song. Still trying to get Daddy Spanky to put his version on wax with me telling the tale. One of these days...

No comments: